Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Post #12


First off, Ms. Copleland loves her job as a P.E teacher and it shows. She even tells the interviewer about how you must love your job to be any good at it or have any staying power in the field. She loves coaching, teaching, and students; which are the same reasons that I want to become a P.E teacher. I am personally thrilled to be around young people, they get my motor running. I also love sports and have no desire to get away from them if possible. My love for the students is why I want to become a teacher, my love for sports is why I want to teach them through P.E. Ms. Copleand talk about how most of the teachers at her school who have quit, have done so because of the students attitudes. That is an important factor to realize. No matter how much we try, we will become frustrated by students that we cant reach, but have to truly accept the fact that all we can do is try our hardest. I have tried to get through to people in my life that I just cannot, and it's frustrating as all get out, but i'm not going to quit. We all need to try and be as vigilant as Ms. Copeland in our teaching careers and love what we do. In the end all we can do is try and love the opportunity of being able to try.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Carrie,

    I am lost on this post... You were suppose to make up instructions to a post (which I don't see here) and you were suppose to do the assignment (which is what I am guessing you did here).

    Stephen Akins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie, I think you may have mixed your blog instructions up. However, your post was very well written. I enjoyed your views on what you believe a physical education teacher should be and do. Kids "get my motor running" as well. So, I definitely agree with that statement. It is very refreshing to see somebody as excited, about teaching children, as I am. Your going to be a P.E. teacher. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete